Soft Steamed Vegetable Momos
Here comes the delicious vegetable momos for your loved one. It is a so soft and tasty one to eat. You can easily prepare this from your home with very few ingredients. Also you can use any vegetable of your choice. Let’s check out below how to prepare this recipe.
Ingredients For Vegetable Momos:
- All-purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Onion – 1 no. chopped
- Few cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 piece of ginger finely chopped
- Capsicum- 1 no. chopped
- Carrot – 1 no. grated
- Cabbage – 1/2 no. finely grated
- Salt to taste
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Dark soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Some water
- Some chopped coriander leaves
See Also: Simple And Easy Momos Sauce Dip
- To make a dough for the momos take a cup of all-purpose flour or maida in a bowl. Sprinkle some salt to enhance the taste and drizzle some oil into it.
- Gradually pour some water in it and knead the dough for a while, once you get it soften and cover the dough with any wet cotton cloth on top. Let it rest for about 35 minutes.
- Place a sauce pan on the stove, pour some oil and add the finely chopped onion, ginger and garlic.
- Once the onion slightly turns to brown color, add the grated carrot, capsicum and finely grated cabbage into it.
- Now sprinkle some salt and pepper powder as per your taste.
- Add a table spoon of vinegar and dark soy sauce. Mix everything altogether.
- Saute them until all the vegetable cooked well at medium flame.
- Finally add the fresh chopped coriander leaves, give it a quick mix and turn off the stove.
- Keep the mixture aside until it is completely cool down.
- Now look out the dough which we have kneaded before, by now it would have turned soft.
- Again knead the dough for once and roll the dough into small balls.
- Start rolling small dough into thick flatten one and place a little amount of cooled vegetable mixture into it.
- Gently fold the dough into small pleats by holding it. Now close and twist it on the top edge of it.
- You can make any shape of your desire, but ensure that you make them gently.
- Place them in a idly cooker or streamer for about 10 to 15 minutes at low medium flame.
- Once it is done, transfer them to the plate and serve hot with momos chutney or sauce as per your carving.