Delectable Street Style Chana Chaat
Chaats are something that is enjoyed by everyone. Today’s recipe is one of simple chaat that most of us loved to have, the Chana Chat. This is an easy recipe yet an healthy one with no doubt. Since here we use all the nutrient rich ingredients which are all home made, so a perfect protein based evening snack.
See Also: Crispy Palak Or Spinach Chaat
Chana Chaat Ingredients
- Chickpeas – 1 cup (soaked overnight)
- Onion finely chopped
- Tomato deseeded & finely chopped
- Cucumber deseeded & finely chopped
- Grated Carrot
- Kala Namak – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Chaat masala powder – 1 Tsp
- Tamarind & date chutney
- Garnish it with Sev & coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
See Also: Quick And Simple Tamarind Date Chutney
To make Mint & Coriander Chutney
- Green Chilli – 2 Nos
- Small piece of Ginger
- Coriander & Mint Leaves – 1 Cup
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Water – 1 TBSP
See Also: Atho – the Burmese Food
- The chickpeas must be soaked overnight. Then pressure cook the chick peas with enough water and add a pinch of salt.
- Pressure cook for about 3 to 4 whistles. Once done cool the chick peas to room temperature. Make sure that chickpeas are cooked perfectly.
- Meanwhile let us prepare the mint and coriander chutney for the chaat. In the mixer jar add green chillis, a small piece of ginger, mix of some coriander & mint leaves.
- To that extract juice of 1 lemon and finally add some salt to taste. Make sure that you add water as you required.
- Now lets us prepare the final mix. For this take a large bowl add the soaked chickpeas, some finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber and few grated carrot.
- You can add in the ingredient as per requirement and taste.
- Now let us drop in the season for the chaat, to the bowl add kala namak, red chilli powder and chaat masala powder.
- Now for enhancing the taste add some tamarind date chutney and mint coriander chutney. Make sure that you add the chutney according to your taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well and gently mix them and do not overdo it.
- Finally garnish them with some freshly chopped coriander and some sev.
- Here we go the super delightful crisp chaat is ready to serve.