Crispy Palak Or Spinach Chaat
Palak or spinach chaat is a different one from other chats. It takes little time to make this snack, but if you we prepare the batter and chutney for this palak chaat then it is quick to make. This one a healthy street style appetizers try making at home.
Ingredients For Palak Chaat:
- Gram flour or besan flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Carom seeds or Ajwain – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Some water
For Mint and Coriander Chutney:
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Green Chili – 1 no
- Salt as per your taste
- Kala namak – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon – 1 small
- Few water
For Whisked Yogurt:
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Some sugar
- Salt to taste
- Kala namak
For Palak Chaat:
- Few palak leaves
- Prepared batter
- Some oil
- Chopped onions
- Mint and coriander chutney
- Whisked yogurt
- Tamarind date chutney
- Chaat masala
- Chopped coriander leaves
See Also: Quick And Simple Tamarind Date Chutney
- First we are going to make the batter, in a bowl add besan or gram flour in that sprinkle some salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, carom powder or ajwain and pour some water.
- Mix everything well and make sure that the batter should be in a thick consistency. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile in a mixture add few coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli as per your taste.
- Sprinkle some salt, cumin powder, kala namak and squeeze a one lemon on it.
- Gradually pour some water and blend them to thick chutney consistency.
- In a bowl add thick yogurt in that add a pinch of salt, sugar and few kala namak. Mix them well.
- To prepare the palak chaat dip the palak leaves completely in a besan or gram batter.
- Place a kadai in a stove and pour enough oil to deep fry the palak leaves.
- Once the oil gets heated, gently place the dipped palak leaves one by one on the kadai.
- Deep fry the them until it turns to golden brown color.
- Transfer the fried palak leaves in a platter. Topping it with by pouring little mint chutney, tamarind date chutney, whisked yogurt mixed with salt, sugar and kala namak.
- Add a pinch of chat masala, finely chopped onion, coriander leaves and finally sprinkle some sev at top.
- Here the crispy palak or spinach chaat is ready to serve for your kids or your family as an evening snacks.