Healthy Roast veges in home
Roast with the most. There is so much flavor and color to be found in roast veges. Forget the meat and oil, enjoy the smells and taste available to you with the abundance of vegetables available to roast. Adding oil and meat in your “Sunday roasts” is traditional in our southern homes, however it’s high saturated fat. There a lot more in Veggies and such healthy nutrients and also proteins.
So when you do salads with veggies always make more than is needed to carry over the vegetables to add to wraps and salads. A bowl of this Veggies give a full nutrition. This salad is easy and good to cook. It can be made a day ahead – just reheat before serving.
Roast veges Ingredients
- red capsicum
- kumara (sweet potato)
- White or red onions
- bulb of garlic (not peeled).
- Mixed herbs
- Celery Seeds
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Mint Sauce
See Also: Delicious 24 Hours Potato Salad
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Lets start by combining the squash. Cut up all vegetables to your desired size (no need to peel anything except for the onions) and place them into a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs and celery seeds and drizzle over few drops of Balsamic vinegar. If you do not have the Balsamic vinegar you can substitute that with Lime juice.
- If desired drizzle a small amount of maple syrup over the carrots. Finally cover bottom of the tray with either vegetable stock or water.
- Cover with roasting lid or tin foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Once cooked serve with green vegetables like: Broccoli, Spinach. Add pepper and drizzle with mint sauce for taste.
- The healthy and tasty roasted veges is all set to serve for your loved ones.
Changeover : Instead of Maple syrup you can try adding the butter nut squash if you love the taste of butternut.