Healthy Rajma and Corn Salad
Indian Salad packed with proteins and a healthy option for a light snack our Rajma and Corn Salad Recipe is a must try recipe in your kitchen. This is a healthy salad packed with protein and a healthy option for a light snack. It’s crunchy, sour, spicy & a tiny hint of sweetness from the corn. It surely won’t disappoint you! This can be served as a snack as well and fills up a good portion of our daily protein requirement.
Serve Rajma and Corn Salad Recipe as a side dish along with Panchmel Dal and Phulka for a weeknight dinner. Quick and easy to throw together.
See Also: American Italian Pasta Salad
Rajma and Corn Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Kashmiri Rajma , or regular rajma
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn , kernels
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina) , roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons Pickled Jalapenos , roughly chopped
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- A tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- One teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 cloves Garlic , crushed
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
See Also: Healthy Chicken Broccoli Salad
- To begin making the Rajma and Corn Salad Recipe, wash and soak the rajma overnight.
- Pressure cook the rajma with water for about 8-10 whistles. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- In a pan, boil water on medium flame, add the corn and cook until the kernels swell up. Drain out the water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the boiled rajma and corn, chopped mint leaves and jalapenos.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl,add salt, pepper, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, jeera powder, red chili powder, crushed garlic & olive oil.
- Just before serving, toss in the dressing into the salad.
- Serve Rajma and Corn Salad Recipe as a side dish along with Panchmel Dal and Phulka for a weeknight dinner.