Bucolic White Beans, Spicy Prawns and Chorizo Pot
Bucolic White Beans, Spicy Prawns and Chorizo Pot, the nemae itself is interseting. Are you Tired of making the same salad as every time. Now here we have come up with a new salad. This salad is a combination of Spicy Prawns and Chorizo sauce. This recipe is a famous Australian dish. Lets get started and check out the ingredients.
See Also: Tossed Radish Salad
White Beans, Spicy Prawns and Chorizo Pot Ingredients
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g chorizo sausage, skin removed & chopped
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp sugar
- 250g McKenzie’s White Beans
- McKenzie’s Australian Natural Sea Salt Grinder (Fine Grind)
- McKenzie’s Black Peppercorns Grinder (Fine Grind)
- 1 tsp thyme (fresh or dried)
- A tsp oregano (fresh or dried)
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 2 whole red peppers
- 12 cherry tomatoes on vines
- 12 cooked tiger prawns, peeled and vein removed
See Also: Delicious 24 Hours Potato Salad
- At 200°C preheat the oven.
- With a medium heat warm up a standard sized casserole pot with 80ml of the olive oil. Fry the red onion, chili and crushed garlic until the onion become softer. Put in chorizo and cook till get turn into brown colour.
- Make sure you add the red wine in a correct amount. Once done then put in stock, tinned tomato, sugar and beans. Let it boil, decrease the heat to a gentle simmer and add herbs.
- Cook for 50 minutes or wait till the beans are cooked and the sauce turn out to be rich and somewhat thickened, turn the heat off.
- Mix the lemon juice and zest. Remember don’t add lemon juice before you turn off the heat
- Clean the red peppers remove the seeds and cut them in half. Take an oven dish and put in peppers and cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of oil over the peppers evenly and flavor it. Ensure that you bake them for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Mix peppers and cherry tomatoes to sauce.
- Peel the prawns. Put together the peeled prawns on top of peppers and sauce. Return to the oven and cook for a additional 10 minutes. Finally you got ready with the recipe.
See Also: Healthy Chicken Broccoli Salad
- Instead of Prawns you can be replace with goat’s cheese or feta cheese.
- Similarly instead of Chorizo you can be replace with Italian sausage or pancetta