American Italian Pasta Salad
Pasta has become the world most accessible foods. It is said to be an traditional Italian food. Here as a changeover let us take make pasta more healthy with the salad variation, the American Italian Pasta Salad. Pasta is also a healthy diet however when taken in moderation. This Italian pasta salad is great to make for lunches or as a dinner on a summer night.Garden veggies with fusilli pasta, Italian Parsley, and creamy Italian dressing makes for a pasta salad that will be a favorite at your next picnic or pot-luck. Lets get started and check out the ingredients.
American−Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 1 package fusilli pasta
- 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 2 cans sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Package Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- A cup of full cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
See Also: Healthy Chicken Broccoli Salad
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, add the pasta and cook them until they are soft so as to be still firm when bitten,.
- Once cooked still firm and rinse under cold water as well as drain.
- Let us prepare the sauce for the salad. In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and Italian seasoning mix. Whisk together until smooth and keep them aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, peas, olives, green onions, celery and parsley.
- Mix in salad dressing last, reserving 1/2 cup. Let sit over night in fridge. Make sure that you stir before serving.
- Since we have cooled, it might become dry. Add extra dressing if pasta appears dry. The delightful American Italian Pasta Salad is ready to be enjoyed.
Changeover: If you wish to have the normal paste you can use the same. Also grate in some mozzarella cheese to enhance the flavor and taste.