South Indian Style Mint Pulao
If you are searching for an easy and simple lunchbox recipe, then this Mint Pulao is one such tasty recipe all your family members will go crazy on. Mint Pulao is a one-pot recipe however it is so easy to make merely and loaded with amazing flavors to it. Do try this contrary pulao recipe and you would repeat it often.
Mint Pulao Ingredients
- Ghee – 3 Tbsp
- Whole Spices (Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom, Star Anise, Cumin Seeds & Peppercorns)
- Onion – 2 Nos Thinly Sliced
- Tomato – 1 No. Thinly Sliced
- Salt – 2 Tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Basmati Rice – 300 ml
- Water – 600 ml
To Make Masala Paste
- Ginger – 1 Inch Piece
- Garlic – 3 Clove
- Green Chili – 5 Nos
- Mint Leaves – A Handful
- Coriander Leaves – A Handful
- Coconut – 1/4 Cup Grated
- Little Water
See Also: Delicious Avakai Chicken Biryani
Mint Masala Paste
- To make a smooth paste add mint and coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, green chilli, onions, coconut, and add water then grind it in the blender. Then your masala is ready to go.
- Take a pressure cooker/ pan, and heat the ghee. To the ghee enhancing the aroma add the whole spices (Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom, Star Anise, Cumin Seeds & Peppercorns). Saute them on medium flame.
- Add cashew and sliced onion and saute till they turn into golden brown colour
- Keep the flame on medium, then add shredded tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy.
- Now it is time to add the prepared masala paste and saute. To this add the whole mint and coriander leaves. Since we are making mint pulao it should predominately have a mint flavour.
- Add some salt, adjust the salt according to the taste. Mix everything nicely. To add more flavour to the dish put in some garam masala.
- Add Basmati rice and 600 ml of water, saute them gently without breaking the grains.
- On a medium flame, pressure cook for about 2 whistles. Once done allow the Pulao to rest for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins the Pulao is all done. Now you can enjoy this pulao with some nice raita by the side and if you do want to add some vegetable you can do it. Relish in with this lovely lunch box recipe.