Simple and Easy Fish Briyani
Fish Briyani is always a very special briyani of all the other briyani’s. The ever loved briyani by everyone. So let’s not wait and check out the ingredients.
- Seer Fish – 1 Kg
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
See Also: Delicious Avakai Chicken Biryani
- Ghee – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Bay leaves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – few pieces
- Cloves – 10 nos
- Cardamom pods – 4 nos
- Onions – 5 nos (chopped)
For masala paste
- Ginger – 1 big piece (chopped)
- Garlic – 7 to 8 cloves
- Green chilis – 3 nos
- Dry Red chilis – 3 nos
- Fresh grated coconut – 2 Tbsp
- Little water
- Tomatoes – 3 nos (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 small bunch
- Mint leaves – 1 small bunch
- Long grain rice – 500 ml (soaked 30 mins)
- Diluted coconut milk – 500 ml
See Also: Mouth-Watering Coconut Fish Curry
- First marinate the fish pieces with turmeric powder, chili powder and salt for about 30 mins.
- Place the pressure cooker and heat it. Once heated add ghee and oil to it.
- Add Bay leaves, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom pods. Add finely chopped onions and saute everything together.
- While the onions are browning let us make the masala paste for the briyani.
- To the mixer add ginger, garlic, green and red chilli and grated coconut. Add little water and grind until it comes to a smooth paste.
- Once the onion turns to brown add the blended masala paste and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Once cooked add the tomatoes. To that add Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Coriander powder, Coriander leaves and Mint leaves.
- At this stage add the Salt according to the taste.
- Add small bunch of coriander and mint leaves. Cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Once the masala is ready add the fish pieces to it. Handle the fish pieces carefully since they can easily break. Gently mix them.
- Add the soaked basmati rice to it (Make sure that the basmati rice is soaked for about 30 minutes). While adding let the flame be on medium or mow preferably.
- Add the diluted coconut milk and mix gently.
- Close the lid. Wait till the steam appears, then put on the weight. Cook them exactly for about 5 minutes and turn off the stove and serve the briyani hot.
- There you go with this incredibly delicious fish briyani.