Mouth-Watering Coconut Fish Curry
The coconut fish curry is all famous from Kerala recipe. By adding coconut milk in the fish gravy will give a delicious taste to your dish. In this gravy we will be adding coconut oil or gingelly oil it gives nice aroma to the mouth-watering coconut fish curry.
Surely this recipe will fond you to eat this fish curry. We can use any kind of fresh and cleaned fish like red snapper or seer fish in this recipe. Adding shallots to fish curry also gives a nice flavor to this dish.
Ingredients For Coconut Fish Curry:
- Coconut oil/ gingelly oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Few curry leaves
- Shallots – 10 no’s
- Tomato – 5 no’s
- Garlic – 10 no’s thinly sliced
- Ginger – 1 large piece thinly sliced
- Green chilli – 1 no’s
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tsp
- Fish – 250 grams
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Few salt
See Also: Healthy And Tasty Multigrain Dosa
- Take a kadai pour coconut oil or gingelly oil, Once the oil gets heated put mustard seeds into it.
- When the mustard seeds begin to crack add some fennel seed, fenugreek seeds, and few curry leaves.
- Now add shallots, thinly sliced ginger, thinly slit garlic, green chilli, and saute them until the shallots turn gold brown color.
- Meanwhile, take five tomatoes, grind them to a thick paste consistency.
- Add the tomato puree, gradually pour some water into the saute shallots and stir altogether until the raw smell of tomato disappear.
- Sprinkle some turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and few salt to improvise the taste as per your desire.
- Close the kadai and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes open the lid and add freshly cleaned fish into it. Leave the fish cook for 2 minutes and then flip it to the other side, let it be for about another 5 minutes.
- Once the fish cooked well on both sides, now pour a cup of coconut milk, let them come to boil. Turn off the stove. Make sure that the fish not broken.
- The coconut fish curry is ready, check for the seasoning. Serve them hot and enjoy eating this mouth-watering coconut fish curry with rice, dosa, idly or chapati as per your carving.