Luscious Telegana Chicken
The telegana chicken all famous from Andhra Cuisine. It taste spicy and yummy to eat the telegana chicken. This recipe looks delicious and gives a nice aroma since we are adding a very easy and quick masala powder to this dish. Check out the preparation and ingredients to make this luscious telegana chicken.
Ingredients For Telegana Chicken:
- Chicken – 350 grams
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 no’s thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Some coriander leaves
- Few curry leaves
To Make Masala Powder:
- Coriander seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Peppercorn – 2 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chili – 10 no’s
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Place a pan in a stove to make the masala paste, first we need to dry roast few ingredients such as some coriander seeds, cumin seeds, few peppercorn, poppy seeds, few red chilli as per your taste.
- Stir them until all the species turn to light brown color and keep them aside.
- Now in the same pan add some freshly grated coconut in it and saute until it turn to golden brown color. Turn off the stove and move it side wise.
- Cool the mixture under moderate temperature to grind them.
- Once it is cooled blend to a fine smooth powder.
- Place another pan pour some oil, thinly sliced onion and few curry leaves in it.
- Saute them until the onion turn color, add the chicken pieces into it.
- Sprinkle some turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Mix them well and cook the chicken until it is half cooked.
- Add the grinded masala powder in it and combine them well.
- Pour some water and mix it. Let the chicken cook for about 15 to 20 minutes at low medium flame.
- When the chicken is cooked well at this stage add gram masala powder and stir altogether for a while.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves on top and mix them.
- Now the luscious telegana chicken is ready to serve hot with some chapati, dosa or rice as per your desire.