How To Prepare Sambar For Tiffin
The sambar is all famous from South India and it is part of traditional too. Here we are going to prepare a different sambar with brinjal and potato. It taste awesome with dosai and idly, so try doing this tiffin sambar at home and share your comments about this recipe.
See Also : Healthy And Tasty Multigrain Dosa
Ingredients For Sambar:
- Brinjal – 5 no’s
- Potatoes – 2 no’s
- Shallots – 10 no’s / Onion – 1 no. large chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 no’s chopped
- Green Chilli – 1 no.
- Garlic pods – 10 no’s
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli – 2 no’s
- Asafoetida powder – ½ tsp
- Some curry leaves
- Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Bengal gram – 1 ½ tbsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
See Also : How To Make Sabudana Thalipeeth
- Take a pressure cooker, add some roughly chopped brinjal and potatoes.
- Add some chopped large onion, tomatoes, green chilli and garlic pods into it.
- Now sprinkle some chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to enhance the taste.
- Drizzle little oil, pour enough water into it and close the pressure cooker, leave them to cook.
- It should be cook for about 2 to 3 whistle and then turn off the stove.
- Meanwhile we will grind few ingredients in a mixture jar such as some freshly grated coconut, fennel seeds and bengal gram in it.
- Pour little water in it and grind them to a smooth paste consistency. Keep them aside.
- Take a kadai, pour some oil, once the oil gets heated add some mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds begin to crack, add cumin seeds, asafoetida powder and some fresh curry in it.
- Now open the pressure cooker and smash them completely with a smasher, until the potatoes and brinjal smashes well. Turn on the stove and place the cooker in it.
- Add the grinded pasted coconut with bengal gram and fennel seeds in it.
- Stir them for a while and leave them for about 10 minutes.
- Put the tempered ingredients in it and mix everything well.
- Finally garnish with some fresh coriander leaves and turn off them.
- Now serve the hot and tasty sambar with dosai, idly, etc.