How To Make Sabudana Thalipeeth
The Sabudana Roti or the Sabudana thalipeeth is prepared for religious fasting or vrat particularly at the times of the navarthri vrat. abudana thalipeeth are crisp and soft pancakes made with tapioca pearls, mashed potatoes, ground peanuts and spices. Lets check out the ingredients for this simple and quick recipe.
Sabudana Thalipeeth Ingredients
- Potato – 3 nos
- Sabudana – 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- We have to pressure cook the potatoes since the potatoes need to be nice and soft. Take some water in the pressure cooker and cook them for about 4 to 5 whistles.
- Soak the Sabudana over night, so that they will plump up in the morning nice and soft.
- Take the boiled potatoes in a large bowl and mash them. Add the Sabudana to the potatoes.
- To the same bowl add green chilli, Chopped coriander leaves. Add salt to enhance the taste.
- To give some flavour to the dish add some cumin seeds to them. Mix and smash everything together.
- Pound some freshly roasted peanuts. Add the peanuts to the bowl and mix them well.
- The peanuts will give you nice crunch to the recipe. The mixture is now ready to do the thalipeeth
- Take a butter paper or a parchment paper, just apply a little ghee on them on both the sides. Fold them to a book shale and apply the ghee inside the both sides of the paper.
- Take a small ball of the mixture and place them inside the butter paper which was folded to book shape.
- Now cover them and press gently to flat up them. Since the mixture would be very sticky so gently press it down and flat the thalipeeth.
- Heat the Tawa and add little ghee, once heated gently flip the thalipeeth onto the tawa.
- Reduce the flame to little medium and pour some ghee on the thalipeeth.
- Cook for 5 minutes on both sides. Now the Sabudana thalipeeth is ready to be served hot with curd.