Hot and Spicy Red Chilli Mutton Curry
Red chilli Mutton curry is a wonderful recipe during the Eid of Ramzan. This dish remains to be favorite to all spicy dish lovers. This recipe goes well with steamed rice, fried rice and ghee rice.
See Also: Mouth-Watering Coconut Fish Curry
Red Chilli Mutton Curry Ingredients
- Mutton – 1 kg
- Onion – 5 chopped
- Red chilli – 9 deseeded
- Tamarind puree – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick, clove & cardamom
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Meat masala powder – 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger & garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 2 cups
See Also: Luscious Telegana Chicken
- Take a wide sauce pan, heat the oil and add Cinnamon stick, Clove, Cardamom.
- When the raw smell goes off, then add the onion. Saute them until it turns to brown colour.
- When the colour is changed add the Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Meat masala powder, Fennel seeds, Cumin seeds, Coriander powder & gently mix it.
- At this time add the Ginger & garlic paste then gently mix everything well.
- Now its time to add the mutton pieces and mix it well with masala. Make sure that all the masala are coated into the mutton.
- Add salt to enhance the taste. And saute everything well.
- Once the masala get coated with the meat, transfer them to the pressure cooker. Add enough water to cook the meat
- Now we are supposed to soak 9 to 10 deseeded Red chilli in a water for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add it in a blend and blend to smooth paste, you can add water if required. Now mix the chilli paste with the Tamarind puree.
- If the mutton has been pressure cooked transfer them into a wide sauce pan and cook.
- Finally add the mixed mixture of chilli and tamarind puree. Add some curry leaves and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- The hot and spicy Red Chilli Mutton Curry is ready to be served hot with white rice.