Delicious Avakai Chicken Biryani
This is specially for the biryani lovers who would like to have it in a home touch feel. TasteUwish would like to share a different form of biryani. It will melt you to eat this delicious avakai chicken biryani with wholesome spices added to it.
The avakaya is a very popular pickle from the Andhra cuisine. The recipe tastes good especially if you use mustard oil in it. Come lets go and check how to prepare this avakai chicken biryani.
Ingredient For Delicious Avakai Chicken Biryani:
- Basmati Rice – 500 Grams
- Ghee – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Bay Leaf – 2 no’s
- Star Anise
- Stone Flower
- Onion – 3 no’s thinly sliced
- Green Chili – 2 no’s slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 Tsp
- Tomato – 2 no’s chopped
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Chili Powder – 1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Avakai Pickle – 2 to 3Tbsp
- Coriander Leaves
- Few Mint Leaves
- Water – 2 1/2 Cups
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Water For basmati rice
See Also: Mouth Watering And Spicy Avakai Pickle
- To marinate the chicken, take a bowl add chicken pieces to it .
- To that add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 2 to 3 spoon of chilli powder and a pinch of to taste.
- Let the chicken marinate for few hours, meanwhile take 500 grams of basmati rice. Wash the rice twice or thrice however ensure that the grains are not broken, pour some water to the rice in order to soak for about 30 minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker pour 1 spoon of oil and 2 spoon of ghee, add bay leaf , wholesome species like cinnamon, clove, stone flower, cardamom, mace and star anise.
- Saute all the species until you feel the aroma, add the onion and green chilli.
- Simmer until the onion comes to golden brown colour.
- Put ginger garlic paste give a quick mix then add tomatoes until it become mushy.
- Sprinkle some turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to taste, blend them well.
- Now add the marinated chicken and leave it for about 10 minutes at low medium flame.
- Add avakai (raw mango) pickle at the same time let the chicken rest for 10 to 15 minutes until the flavour of the avakai pickle gets into the chicken.
- Put some mint and coriander leaves on top. Add the soaked rice, pour water and mix well together.
- At last add some ghee and close the cooker, once the steam comes out place the whistle and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Once it is cooked after 10 minutes. Turn off the stove and leave it until the steam goes out. The briyani is all ready to taste, transfer to the platter and enjoy the hot and spicy biryani.
- To add more delicacy to the briyani let us enjoy it with some cool raita. To prepare raita cut the thinly sliced onion, add some salt to your taste and mix them with the curd. Now raita is ready to serve with delicious avakai chicken biryani.