Try this Season the Banana Lentil Muffins
These Banana Lentil Muffins make a healthy, high-fiber breakfast or snack. They are kid-friendly and freeze well. And I promise you can’t even taste the lentils. Because we add bananas in this recipe, they do a great job covering the taste of other things. So this is an easy way to boost the fiber and protein content of your muffins.
These Banana Lentil Muffins goes well with Dry fruit milk shake and even with other healthy milkshakes or beverages. This recipe is a great way to add healthy protein to your diet.
Banana Lentil Muffins Ingredients
- 1 cup Green Lentils
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- One cup bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup wholemeal flour
- One tsp Bi-Carb Soda
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup golden raisins
See Also: How To Make Spongy Semolina Cake
- Take a saucepan put lentils and 3 cups water and bring to boil. Cook for approximately for about 30-45 minutes. Make sure that you smash to a smooth consistency with ¼ cup water.
- Make the oven to Preheat to 200°C. Then Grease themuffin trayswith ghee or butter.
- Take a large bowl and mix lentil puree, egg, oil, sugar, bananas and vanilla. Blend everything well.
- To that mixture combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and golden raisins. Gently mix themixture. Stir until just combined – do not over mix.
- Spoon into greased muffin trays (Ensure that you fill the tray approx. 2/3 full. Since once cooked it will plump up).
- Cook in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
See Also: Easy and Tasty Coconut Cashewnut Cake
- golden raisinscan be replaced with raisins or walnuts.
- Banana can be replaced with 1 cup mashed mixed berries.This becomes favorite for kids.
These muffins freeze well so feel free to make a double batch