Home Made Crispy Monte Carlo Biscuits
This homemade crispy monte carlo biscuits is all famous from Australia. Each biscuit contains two layers of filling filled in the centre of the biscuit and it looks like a sandwich. It taste awesome and especially kids will love to eat this monte carlo biscuits. We are using two filling such as raspberry jam and making cream with butter, sugar, etc.
Ingredients For Monte Carlo Biscuits:
- Softened unsalted butter – 185 grams
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1 no.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Plain flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 2 1/2 tsps
- Desiccated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Raspberry jam – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter – 60 grams
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Icing sugar – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 2 tsps
See Also : Delicious Bread Butter Pudding
- At 180°C preheat the oven. Ensure that oven trays wiped with oil.
- In a small bowl blend some butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla essence with blender or electric mixer till it gets smooth.
- Transfer to a larger bowl, add some filtered flour, baking powder and desiccated coconut in two sets.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into oval shapes. Position about 2.5 cm apart on the trays. Level slightly.
- Cook the biscuits in the oven for just about 12-15 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool.
Another method to cook the biscuits without oven:
- We can also cook the biscuits in a pressure cooker.
- Place the pressure cooker on the stove, close and preheat them for about 10 minutes at low flame.
- Grease some butter in the idly tray or mould. Now gently place the biscuits dough and put them into pressure cooker.
- Close and cook them for about 15 to 20 minutes at low flame, but check after 10 minutes, whether the cookies in the lower part is ready or not.
- If it is ready then remove them and leave the other part of the biscuits to cook.
- Once it is ready cool them completely and fill the filling in the centre.
- Beat butter, vanilla essence and filter icing sugar in a small bowl with blender or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add milk, beat for a further minute. Pack in biscuits with jam and cream filling.
- Biscuits can be made in advance of time, just keep unfilled biscuits in an airtight bottle for up to a week.