Delicious Malpua Recipe At Home
This is one of the dessert famous for holy month of Ramadan, the malpua. This recipe takes a few process to prepare at home. Malpua is a very delicious dessert soaked in sugar syrup and garnish with some radbi on top, which gives a nice flavor to this dessert.
Ingredients For Malpua:
For Malpua Batter:
- All-purpose flour / maida – 1 cup (250 ml)
- Unsweetened khoa / Mawa – 3 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Some water
For Sugar Syrup:
- Water – 1 cup (250 ml)
- Sugar – 1 cup (250 ml)
- Milk – 2 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Rabdi / rabri
- Chopped pistachios
- Few saffron
See Also : Sweeten Creamy Kesar Rabdi
To Make Malpua Batter:
- Take a bowl add one cup of all-purpose flour or maida in that put some unsweetened khoa or mawa. Mix them well.
- Add some fennel seeds, gradually pour some water into it and mix everything well.
- Make sure that the batter should be in a thick dropping consistency.
- Let it sets for about 12 hours to get fermented in overnight.
- Once the batter is done, keep them aside. Meanwhile to make the syrup place a sauce pan on stove.
For Sugar Syrup:
- Pour a cup of water, to that add a cup of sugar into it. Once the sugar gets dissolve in water, drizzle a spoon of milk into it to get the clear syrup.
- Remove the scum from the syrup as soon as milk gets into it.
- Turn off the stove and strain the sugar syrup and add few cardamom powder in it and mix them. Leave it aside.
For Deep Frying:
- Place another pan and pour enough oil to deep fry the malpua batter.
- After the oil gets heated pour little amount of batter in the oil and fry them on both side until it turns to golden brown color.
- Take the malpua and put them into the sugar syrup and leave them for about 5 minutes.
- Now transfer them to the platter and garnish with some radbi or rabri, chopped pistachios and sprinkle few saffron on top.
- The delicious malpua is ready to serve.