Tasty Beerakaya / Ridge gourd Chutney
This is a condiments that well goes with Dosa, Idly and rice, it is a tasty and healthy beerakaya / ridge gourd chutney. Try do this chutney at home and if you like this recipe, so please do check more recipe in tasteUwish.com website and enjoy your day with yummy and delicious side dish as beerakaya chutney.
Ingredients For Beerakaya Chutney:
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2 no’s
- Ridge gourd (Beerakaya) – 1 no.
- Tamarind – 1 piece
- Some coriander leaves
- A few cloves of garlic
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
See Also: Healthy And Tasty Multigrain Dosa
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Chana dal – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilli – 2 no’s
- A few curry leaves
- Take beerakaya / ridge gourd and remove the skin of it. Cut them into small cube, keep them aside.
- Place a sauce pan and drizzle some oil in it, now add the beerakaya / ridge gourd and green chilli.
- Saute them for a minute and cool the mixture completely for a while.
- In a mixture jar add the cumin seeds, a few cloves of garlic, a piece of tamarind.
- Now add the sauted beerakaya and chilli into it.
- Some fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle a pinch of salt to enhance the taste.
- Grind altogether to a coarse paste consistency. Make sure that you do not blend them too much.
- For tempering take a pan pour little oil, once the oil gets heated put some chana dal, mustard seeds in it.
- Once the mustard seeds begin to cracks put some fresh curry leaves, cumin seeds and red chilli.
- Put this tempering to the beerakaya chutney and combine everything well.
- Here comes the beerakaya / ridge gourd chutney is now ready to serve with Dosa, Idly and even it will go with rice as per your carving.