Quick And Simple Tamarind Date Chutney
This chutney is a different one from other because we our going to make a chutney with dates. Tamarind date chutney is usually served with some chaat item recipe like Palak chaat, Dahi pani puri, etc. It is quick chutney to prepare at home.
Dates are rich in iron ,minerals, vitamins, fibre, etc. It improves bone health issues. Dates also helps to boost your immunity if you intake them daily. Try doing this chutney at home for any chaat item as per your carving and send us the feedback of this tamarind date chutney.
Ingredients For Tamarind Date Chutney:
- Pitted Dates – 10 no.
- Tamarind puree – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery – 2 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Some Water
- Salt as per your taste
See Also : Crispy Palak Or Spinach Chaat
- Place a pan on the stove pour some water, once the water turns to boil add a cup of pitted dates into it and cook the dates for a while.
- Once the dates gets cooked, turn off the stove. Keep the dates side wise.
- Now place another sauce pan, once the pan gets heated now pour the tamarind puree and stir them well at low flame.
- Add the cooked dates, jaggery, black salt to enhance the taste.
- Sprinkle some chilli powder, dry ginger powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt as per your taste.
- Mix everything altogether and stir them until the raw smells goes.
- If the chutney is too thick pour little water and mix them well.
- Turn off the stove and cool the mixture.
- Add the cooled paste into a mixture jar and grind them to a thick dropping chutney consistency.
- Now the tamarind date chutney is ready to serve with some chaat item recipe as per your desire.