How To Make Fresh Homemade Rasam Powder
Here we are going to prepare fresh homemade rasam powder at home. This recipe is a traditional of South Indian one. The rasam is all time favored recipe of South India. Rasam is a healthy soup and it is very good for digestion. Rasam is always good for health and it contains antioxidant.
Only with few ingredients we can make a simple rasam powder at home. If you like this recipe please check out our website tasteUwish.com for more excited recipe and send us the feedback.
See Also : Madras Style Curry Powder
Ingredients For Rasam Powder:
- Toor dal – 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 3 tbsp
- Peppercorns – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dry red chilli – 15 no’s
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1 tsp
- Few curry leaves
See Also : Home Made Aromatic Briyani Masala Paste
- Take a wide sauce pan, turn on the stove and place a pan in it.
- To dry roast few ingredients such as toor dal, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cumin seeds and dry red chilli.
- Dry roast them until it slightly turns to light brown color.
- Make sure that the flame should be in low medium, because we should not over roast them.
- Now transfer them to the plate. In the same pan pour little oil, put some curry leaves and slightly roast it.
- Transfer everything to the platter and leave them under moderate temperature.
- Once the dry roast ingredients gets cooled, transfer them to the mixture jar.
- Grind everything altogether without adding any water in it.
- Sprinkle some turmeric powder and asafetida powder in a mixture jar.
- Crush them until you gets a nice smooth powder consistency.
- Here now the homemade rasam powder is ready, so you can store them in an air tight container for a month. Make sure that you store in a dry container.
- Whenever you prepare rasam, you can use this fresh homemade powder and make a very simple and healthy rasam at home.