Home Made Chana Masala Powder
This masala powder gives a nice flavor to your chana masala. We mostly try to buy this chana masala powder in stores, but now we will prepare this powder at home. This powder always have a special aromatic taste in it. In this recipe we are adding the wholesome spices which will enhance your recipe taste.
Always when the masala powder is freshly prepared will remain unique. The chana masala gravy drives good with dosa and chapati. Enjoy doing this masala powder and make your lovable one tummy full.
Ingredients For Chana Masala Powder:
- Red Chili- 7 to 8 no.’s
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 Tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 Tsp
- White sesame seed – 1 Tsp
- Shah jeera – 1 Tsp
- Peppercorns – 1 Tsp
- Bay leaf – 1 no.
- Star anise – 1 no.
- Black cardamom – 2 no.’s
- Green cardamom – 5 no.’s
- Clove – 10 no.’s
- Piece of Cinnamon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Dry mango powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Black Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Dry ginger piece/Dry ginger powder – 1/2 Tsp
See Also : How to make Chettinad Masala Powder in Home
- To dry roast the ingredients, take a saucepan put red chilli into it and dry roast the chilli separately until it slightly turns color and let them rest for a while.
- Add coriander seeds and roast them until the aroma comes and keep them aside.
- Now in the same pan add some fennel seeds, cumin seeds, white sesame seeds, and shah jeera dry roast altogether, this also should be kept separately.
- Add some bay leaf, peppercorn, cinnamon, star anise, black cardamom, green cardamom, dry roast them and keep it aside.
- Let all the dry roasted ingredients come to room temperature.
- In a blender add all the roasted ingredients and sprinkle some turmeric powder, dry mango powder, black salt and dry ginger piece, or dry ginger powder into it.
- Blend them altogether like a soft smooth powder. Here we go the spicy aromatic chana masala powder is ready to be added in your delicious chana masala gravy.