Madurai Jill Jill Jigarthanda Summer Special
This is a very special recipe coming all the way from Madurai which is nothing but Jill Jill Jigarthanda. We tasteuwish as come up with certain recreation and make this Jigarthanda as easy as possible in home. For this drinks Badam Pisin is a very important element. It is very good and cooling for your system as well.
- Badam Pisin/Almond Gum
- Nannari Syrup
- Thick Milk
- Chilled Milk
- Jigarthanda Ice Cream
For Caramel Syrup
- Sugar – 1 cup
For Jigarthanda Ice Cream
- Milk – 1 liter
- Unsweetened Khoya – 100 gms
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Corn flour – 2 Tsp
- Milk – 1 Tbsp
- Caramel syrup – 2 Tbsp
- Fresh cream – 200 ml
See Also: Tangy Mango Falooda
- Soak the badam pisin overnight. It absorbs the water and swells up.. It looks more like a jelly. This badam pisin is good cooling agent for the body.
- Now let us make the caramel syrup, take a pan heat it and pour one cup of sugar.
- We have to wait till the sugar dissolves, don’t stir or mix the sugar, let them rest in medium flame.
- Once you get the caramel colour, add a little water. There you go you will get the caramel syrup.
- Let them cool, so that it thickens a little more. You can store this caramel in refrigerate and can use it whenever you make the Jigarthanda. Keep them aside.
- Take a pan, we have boil one litre of milk and reduce it till that becomes thick. Once it comes to boil stir it at intervals so that the milk does not stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Once the milk is thicken and add the unsweetened Khoya, continue to boil till the khoya dissolves completely and the milk will start to thicken.
- When the milk is reduced and thicken. The cream would have formed. Take some creamy milk and keep it aside for us to use when assembling the Jigarthanda. Since we are going to make the ice cream with this remaining Khoya milk.
- The next step is to make the Jigarthanda ice cream. This is some what an elaborate process. (If you don’t have time you can substitute with Vannilla ice cream)
- However when we use this Jigarthanda ice cream, that makes the authentic Madurai special one.
- To that milk add sugar, let them boil. Side wise add two teaspoons of corn flour to a little amount of milk and dissolve them. Add the dissolved mixture to the boiling milk.
- Milk will start to thicken quickly once after adding the cornflour, once it comes to creamy texture pour in the caramel syrup.
- Once after adding the caramel syrup, the flavour and colour would change.
- Reduce the flame and pour in the fresh cream, use a whisk to dissolve the cream. Continue to cook for about 2 mins on low flame.
- Turn off the stove and cool the mixture completely. Take a small plastic container and pour the Jigarthanda ice cream mixture and freeze them over night.
- Once done the jigarthanda ice cream is ready to use. Before you make the Jigarthanda you should make sure that these all elements are ready for the drink.
- Now lets us assemble the Jigarthanda, Take a glass add the three tbsp of badam pisin,pour the nannari syrup, then add creamy milk which we kept aside, then the chilled milk.
- Finally finish of by adding the scoop of Jigarthanda ice cream. The cooling Jill Jill Jigarthanda is ready to be served chilled.