Haldi Doodh – The Authentic Turmeric Milk
We all know that Turmeric milk has several benefits when it comes to our health. Also a good home made medicines for problems such as cold, sore throat and cough. The interesting part here is turmeric have the tendency to relax your mind and body. The other medical benefits are turmeric is good remedy to soothe achy muscles. Also research says that it has been proven that turmeric helps to prevent cancer and lower the sugar level. Mostly this is turmeric milk is referred by the name called Haldi Doodh. Where Haldi is nothing but turmeric. Here’s a quick recipe to show you how to make Turmeric Milk the right way.
Haldi Doodh Ingredients
- Milk – 2 1/2 cups
- Honey – 3 Tbsp
- It good taste better if you try to use the fresh whole turmeric that is taken just direct from the plant along with its root. This is optional however you can use the normal turmeric also.
- If your using the whole turmeric peel of the skin and then start using them .
- Take a pan and boil some milk in it. In case you are using the fresh one then crate the turmeric into the milk.
- If you are using other turmeric, grind it into powder for about one to one and half spoon of it.
- When you love to have the turmeric milk too strong then add in required amount that you desire.
- After then grate some fresh pepper. If you want the turmeric milk more flavorful add in Cardamon powder. The aroma also increases, however it is optional.
- Once the milk comes to a good boil, turn off the stove and cool the milk.
- Probably let it come to room temperature.
- Strain the milk and add honey according to the taste you need. Your Haldi doodh is ready to be served now.