Super Quick Egg Drop Soup
The Satisfying Egg drop soup can be prepared with no time. I am not sure how many of you have heard about this Egg drop. For those who have not, egg drop soup is essential at Chinese restaurants all around the United States. This soup remains to be the most comforting and soothing food. This soup is the easiest among all the other soup.
For preparing this soup, you would require chicken stock but no worries we will tell you how to make homemade chicken stock. Let’s check on the recipe.
Egg Drop Soup Ingredients
To Make Chicken Stock
- Chicken – 250 Gms
- Garlic – 4 Cloves
- Onion – 1 No.
- Carrot – 2 Nos
- Bay Leaf – 1 No.
- Pepper – 1 Tsp
- Rock Salt – 1 Tsp
- Water – 1.5 Liters
To Make Egg Drop Soup
- Chicken Stock
- Ginger – 1 Tsp
- Spring Onion Whites – 1/4 Cup
- Soy Sauce – 2 Tsp
- Egg – 4 Nos
- Spring Onion Greens
- Salt & Pepper
- Let us first see how to make the chicken stock, it is always good to take chicken with bone since most of the flavors come from the chicken bone
- In a large stockpot add chicken, cloves of Garlic, one large onion roughly chopped, carrot, celery stock, bay leaves, peppercorns and one tablespoon of rock salt(Adjust the salt according to your taste). Add water and let then boil in a medium flame. Let the stock simmer for at least about an hour.
- Once done turn off the stove, remove the vegetables and bones through a slotted spoon. These aren’t good to eat because they have been cooking for an hour as all the nutritional value would have cooked out of them. So it is best to discard them.
- Now strain the chicken stock. You can store this in an airtight jar for about two weeks and up to 6 months in the freezer.
Egg Drop Soup
- Now, let us start making the soup. Pour the egg stock back into the pat, add finely minced ginger, spring onions, soy sauce and give it a quick stir.
- Let the stock come to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk the egg in a bowl.
- When the soup has come to a boiling state, added the whisked egg into the soup. You must use a fork simultaneously to stir the soup while adding the eggs to it.
- You have to make sure that you stir it in the same direction
- Add the spring onions green and turn off the stove
- Season it with salt and pepper according to your taste
- Let the soup simmer undisturbed for a few seconds to finish cooking the eggs. Serve immediately, topped with chopped spring onion greens.