Scrumptious Mutton Rib Bone Soup
Mutton Rib bone soup is a very healthy recipe which is perfect south Indian dish. This is a common yet to make it more delicious we are going to prepare a ground masala powder that goes well with this soup. So let get started and check out the ingredients for this soup.
See Also: Crispy and Crunchy Keerai Bonda
Mutton Rib Bone Soup Ingredients
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Bay leaf
- Mutton Rib Bone/Nenju Elumbu – 250 grams
- Tomato – 1 no.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Rock Salt
- Curry leaves
- Water – 3 cups
- Coriander leaves
See Also: Tossed Radish Salad
For masala powder
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Peppercorn – 1 Tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 Tbsp
- First let us make a simple masala powder, that needs to be added to the soup.
- Take a mixer jar, to that add cumin seeds, Peppercorn and finally add whole Coriander seeds and make into a fine powder.
- The ground masala powder for the soup is ready. Keep them aside.
- Then pound some garlic cloves with the skin also pound some onion shallots or the pearl onions. Keep both of them aside.
- Now we are going to pressure cook and make the soup in the pressure cooker.
- Take a pressure pan or cooker to that add oil and let us it get heated.
- Once the oil is hot, to that add cinnamon, cloves, then fennel seeds, bay leaf. Once they raw smell goes off, add the mutton and saute them well.
See Also: Fantastic Things to Known on Jack fruit
- Then add the pounded garlic and the onion shallots that as been kept aside. Saute them again.
- Add medium size of tomato, turmeric powder, and One table spoon of the ground masala powder. Mix everything well.
- Then it is good to add rock salt to enhance the taste. It gives a diverse taste to the soup.
- Now add few fresh curry leaves and mix everything together. To that add 3 cups of water. (250 ml soup).
- As we are making the bone soup, we should cook it in on a low flame for a long time. This is because all the juice as well the nutrients from the bone would be released.
- This makes the soup more flavorful. Cook the mutton under the pressure cooker. Mostly allow 5 to 6 whistles. (Also this depends on the meat you have).
- Once cooked remove the lid and add the freshly chopped coriander leaves also you can add in few curry leaves as well.
- The scrumptious mutton rib soup is ready to be served hot.