North Indian Style Crispy Rajma Tikki
Rajma tikki is a thriving snack you could prepare for your family. Moreover, Rajma Tikkis are cutlets, prepared with rajma, cooked potatoes, crushed bread, as well as spices, and they are full of protein.
Rajma Tikki Ingredients
- Rajma Beans – 1 bowl
- Mustard Oil (or oil of your choice – vegetable oil or olive oil)
- Onion – 1 no
- Ginger – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Potatoes – 2 small
- Kashmiri Chili Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves
- Mint Leaves
- Bread Crumbs – 3 tsp
See Also: Golden Grillz Bombay Masala Toast
- Soak the Rajma overnight or else for about 10 hours.
- After soaking, pressure cook the rajma beans. Cook the rajma until it becomes soft.
- Once the beans are cooked strain the excess water and blend it in the mixier. Transfer it to a bowl and keep them aside.
- Take a wide saucepan, to this add mustard oil, add some finely chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- Once the onion is transparent we are going to add all the spice powder. Starting with the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Mix everything. In intervals add some cumin and garam masala powder.
- Finally season it with some salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Saute everything and add the mashed rajma beans and mix well.
- To give this dish an extra taste add boiled potatoes, kashmiri chilli powder and mix them well.
- Mash the potatoes and turn of the stove. Let the mixture cool for sometime for us to make the tikki’s.
- Once cooled, knead the mixture and make a tikki mixture. To that add some fresh chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- To give a crispy texture to the tikkis add the bread crumbs. Check for the seasoning in this stage and add salt if required.
- The dough is ready make the tikki. Roll the mixture into small patties. Next let us shallow fry the tikki’s. Add oil in pan, once the oil is heated gently place the tikkies in the pan and shallow fry them.
- Don’t fry them too long, put them in the pan while it is hot. Keep them for a minute on each side and remove the tikkies.
- Changeover: you can use any other oil that you wish. However using vegetable oil and olive oil gives you a diverse flavor and aroma.