Fiery and Peppery Chicken Stuffed Mirchi Bajji
This is a lovely appetizers for whom waiting for a contrastive and crunchy snack at evening time. Here we go with the chicken stuffed Mirchi bajji which is a wonderful appetizer to cook at home. It seems to be a long process to make this chicken bajji, but it is easier one to prepare once we make the stuffing for this. Surely this recipe will melt your tongue to taste this bajji and make your tummy full.
Ingredients For Chicken Stuffed Mirchi Bajji:
- Good sized fresh Mirchi
For cooking the chicken:
- Chicken – 200 grams
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt as per your taste
For Filling the Chicken:
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 no. chopped
- Green chili – 1 no. chopped
- Tomato – 2 no. chopped
- Chopped ginger
- Few chopped garlic
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
For Mixing the batter:
- Besan/Gram flour – 2 cups
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to your taste
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Oil for frying
See Also : Scrumptious and Crunchy Stuffed Bitter Gourd
- In a pressure cooker put the chicken pieces into it and add ginger garlic paste, sprinkle some turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Close the lid and cook the chicken until it is completely cooked.
- Now shred the chicken pieces and keep them aside.
- Place a pan in a stove and pour some oil. Once the oil gets heated add finely chopped onion, green chilli, garlic and ginger.
- Once the onion turns to golden brown color, add the finely chopped tomatoes and mix them well, when is become mushy.
- Sprinkle some chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, gram masala powder and combine everything.
- Add the shredded chicken pieces. If you have some chicken stock left pour them also and mix it.
- Top it with some coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
- Cool the mixture to stuff them into Mirchi green chilli.
- To deseed the Mirchi chilli slit the chilli in the middle before you reach the lowest part and gently take out the seed.
- If you wish to eat them with some spicy taste don’t deseed the seed.
Batter For Bajji:
- In a bowl add some besan flour or gram flour, chilli powder, Ajwain it is optional you can skip if you don’t like to use them and add salt as per your taste.
- Gradually pour some water in it and mix the batter.
- Make sure that the batter should be in a thick dropping consistency.
- Meanwhile pour enough oil in pan for deep frying the mirchi chilli.
- Now take the small amount of stuffed filling and fill them in a middle of Mirchi chilli.
- Dip the stuffed Mirchi chilli in a mixed bajji batter which we have already prepared.
- Coat them on all side and deep fry them. Once the oil gets boiled put one by one and deep fry until it turns golden brown color.
- Transfer the Mirchi chilli in a plate and enjoy eating them with any sauce or dip.