Delightful Beetroot Kola Balls
This is for Non-veggie lovers who would like to have it on a veggie day, the delightful beetroot kola balls. The flavor of this recipe makes fond to eat as well as beetroot has the great source of Fibre, Iron and Vitamin C.
Most of the kids don’t like to eat beetroot. When you try this style of beetroot kola balls, children will fall crazy on it. So let’s not wait and will start preparing the recipe quickly.
Ingredients for Delightful beetroot kola balls:
- Beetroot – 3 no’s grated.
- Coconut – 1 cup grated.
- Poppy seeds – 1/2 Tsp.
- Chana Dal – 3 Tsp.
- Green chilly – 1 no’s
- Cinnamon – 1 no’s
- Cloves – 4 no’s
- Cardamom pods – 4 no’s
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 Tsp
- A few Cashew nuts
See Also: Quick and Tasty Banana Paniyaram/Appam
- First we are going to dry roast some wholesome spices (cinnamon, fennel seeds, cloves, peel off the cardamom seeds, and poppy seeds).
- Add and gently roast few cashew nuts, 3 tsp of broken Chana dal, a cup of grated coconut, and sliced green chilli.
- Turn off the stove and cool the mixture until it comes to room temperature.
- Grind the mixture into powder without adding water because of the coconut content in it.
- Take a pan pour little oil to saute the beetroot for about 5 to 10 minutes at medium flame.
- Add the powdered masala which we have grinned before and to enhance the taste put some salt, blend altogether.
- When the beetroot mixture blends well, turn off the stove and let it cool.
- Once it is comes to a normal temperature, roll the mixture into small balls and keep it aside, continue doing for remaining dough.
- Take a kadai, pour oil for frying the balls, once the oil heated drop the balls one by one on to it.
- Deep fry the balls once it cracks to golden brown colour.
- Transfer it to a platter and serve this crispy yet delightful beetroot kola balls to your lovable ones.