Delicious Sweet and Sour Veg Soup at Home
Sweet and Sour Veg Soup always remains to be the best starter before any meal. Different restaurants offers diverse flavors and taste. Here is a tiny recipe for you to attempt out and experiment with. You could try alter the quantity of the seasoning to your liking, and voila! You’ve found the one that satisfies your taste buds.
Sweet and Sour Veg Soup Ingredients
- Cabbage – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Carrot – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Green Bell peppers – 1/2 chopped
- Yellow Bell peppers – 1/2 chopped
- Spring onion chopped
- A few Celery chopped
- A few Garlic cloves chopped
- Green chili – 2
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Water – 3 cups
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
See Also: Super Quick Egg Drop Soup
- Take a deep wide pan add some olive oil, green chilli, garlic and saute it for about a minute.
- Now start adding all the chopped vegetables one by one (Spring onions, Cabbage, Carrot, Celery, Green Bell pepper, and Yellow Bell pepper). Let them cook for few minutes. Make sure you saute it uniformly.
- Once cooked add Salt, Pepper, and Sugar to enhance the taste. Keep on stir the vegetables at intervals.
- Pour in adequate water into the pan so that the entire vegetables are covered. If you desire to add vegetable stock, you add to enhance the taste. Let it boil for a few minutes.
- By the side let us dilute some corn flour in water, stirring it well to ensure there are no lumps. This mixture acts as a thickening agent for the soup. Pour the mixture into the soup at the same time stir it.
- As a final touch add soy sauce also top them with spring onion stalk.
- After sometime once the soup thickens, turn off the stove. Serve your own style of soup to your loved ones and experience the cherished moment.