Crispy Vegan Spring Roll Recipe
The crispiest and perfect spring rolls filled with vegetables and deep-fried to golden perfection at home. Spring roll is a yummy and delightful Chinese appetizers filled with chopped vegetables and deep-fried to crispy goodness. Spring Rolls is the classical dish perfect for evening snacks or amusing the guests. Serve them steaming hot on a platter with a savory dipping sauce and off they are in minutes.
Spring Roll Ingredients:
To Make Spring Roll Sheet
- Maida – 1 Cup
- Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
See Also : Quick and Crunchy Paneer Popcorn Recipe
To Make Filling
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 Tsp
- Ginger – 1 Tsp Finely Chopped
- Onion – 1 No. Thinly Sliced
- Capsicum – 1/2 No.
- Carrot – 1 No.
- Shredded Cabbage
- Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Vinegar – 1 Tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 Tsp
- Chili Sauce – 1 Tsp
- Spring Onion Greens
To make seal paste
- Maida – 2 Tbsp
See Also : Crunchy and Saucier Baby Corn Manchurian
- Initially lets us make the spring roll sheet. Take a large bowl add maida, salt, oil and water. Mix everything and make it as a dough.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until everything is well combined and dough is soft.
- Once done wrap it in a wet cloth and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
To Make Filling:
- Meanwhile let us prepare the filling of the roll. Take a pan and heat the oil. Once hot add finely chopped ginger, garlic and onion. Saute for few second till the onion becomes transparent.
- Then, add cabbage, capsicum, carrots, black pepper powder, salt, red chilli sauce, soy sauce and vinegar. Mix everything.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, finally add the spring onions and turn off the stove. Let them filling cool.
- After 30 minutes, take out the dough and knead for another 2 minutes.
- Pinch of a little bit of dough. Make sure you take small dough balls.
- Place the dough balls and start rolling of the sheets. Roll it out very thin. Repeat the same for the other small dough balls.
- Use a ruler and cut the sheet into squares.
- To seal these spring rolls, let us make a maida paste by combining the maida and water. Make sure the paste is little thick
- Take the spring roll sheet and add the filling into it. Gently fold the sheet inward at both the ends.
- Seal the roll using the maida paste. Gently press them so that the filling does not come out. Repeat the process for the other rolls as well.
- Take a kadai and pour enough oil in it and drop the rolls and deep fry them until it turns golden brown color.
- Make sure that the flame is in medium. Once the sizzling stops remove the rolls and serve them hot.