Crispy and Crunchy Keerai Bonda
Keerai Bonda is a wonderful tea time snack. In this recipe we have used the green leaf called Amaranth Leaves in Tamil it is said to be called as Arai Keera. This green leaf is a healthy and good one from kids to adults. Amaranth Leaves has essential amino acid that is needed for energy production and absorption of calcium. The interesting part of this Keerai is, it acts as an good remedy for hair greying and hair loss issues. They also rich in protein. Certain kids hate having the green leaves however this recipe would crave their stomach.
See Also : Diverse Must Try Chutney Recipes
Keerai Bonda Ingredients
- Amaranth Leaves/Arai Keerai – 1/2 bunch
- Besan/Gram flour – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder – 2 Tsp
- Green chili – 2 nos
- Onion – 1 no. chopped
- A pinch of Cooking soda
- Oil for frying
See Also: Quick and Tasty Banana Paniyaram/Appam
- Take the green leaf and cut off the stalk.
- Take a bowl and add the green leaf to it. Add besan or the gram flour., chilli powder, green chilli, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped onions.
- Mix everything well and salt to enhance the taste.
- Add enough water to get the right consistency for the batter. After mixing check for the seasoning.
- If you want to add more besan then add the flour at this point of time. Also add salt according to your taste.
- The Bonda batter must be always thick and in running consistency. Once it comes to the right consistency then the batter is ready to prapare the bonda’s.
- Take a large Kadai and pour enough oil in it. Let the oil get heated and drop the batter into the hot oil in small bonda shapes.
- Fry the Bonda’s until it turns to the golden brown color. Once the color is changed serve then hot with some coconut chutney or sambar.